Apple with its iPad, started the trend in 2011. Soon other mainstream mobile manufacturers take advantage of the ever-growing tablet PC popularity. HTC has its own entry – the 7” HTC Flyer. This tablet runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread Operating System although the latest version of Android, the Android 3.0 gingerbread has already been released.
Features and Highlights of the Flyer
• Fast Apps – thanks to the aid of the 1.5 GHZ processor the Flyer, web surfing is lightning fast and apps run seamlessly. The Flyer has also built in support for Flash to allow more web contents for the users.
• HTC Flyer’s Magic Pen – the pen allows users to write, draw, paint, or retouch images. It can also be used as an highlighter when reading.
• Video Call – the flyer supports video calling, thanks to its front camera.
• Audio Amplifier – the Flyer is equipped with dual speakers that deliver richer listening and entertainment experience. It comes with SRS WOW HD™ virtual surround sound.
• HD Camera – the flyer has a 5Megapixel rear camera that captures moments in HD. Video recording is at 720p HD.
• More Apps – One access point for all emails, Office documents viewer and editor, Kid mode apps, enhanced calendar and event viewer.
|Operating System||Android 2.3 Gingerbread|
|Processor||1.5 GHz processor|
|Dimensions||(7.69) x (4.80) x (0.52) inches|
|Weight||420 grams / 0.925 lbs|
|Display||7” Capacitive Touch Screen1024 x 600 pixels resolution|
|Connectivity||WiFi 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11nBluetoothMicroUSB (USB 2.0)|
|Cameras||5 MP high resolution rear camera1.3 MP front camera|
The Flyer is sold at around $900 in US, £563 in UK, and €669 in Germany