Rumors about the features and improvements of the iPad second generation surfaced the tech world months before the iPad unveiling. The long wait is finally over! The Second Generation iPad is officially introduced today on the Apple event at San Francisco, California. Steve Jobs did the presentation.
Has the iPad 2 met the fans expectations? Has Apple addressed the shortcomings
most users complain about the previous iPad? Some of which are lack of cameras, tethering, Flash support, USB port, etc.
Here are the details of the second generation Apple tablet.
iPad 2 Features
• New A5 Processor -1 Ghz Dual core processor
that promises 2 times faster computing and up to 9 times faster graphics performance.
• Video Cameras – so here’s many users are waiting – the cameras. IPad 2 got two new cameras, on rear and front.
• Gyroscpope – the iPad 2 comes with gyroscope, which is similar to those in iPhone and iPod Touch
• Ultra Thin – it is 33 % thinner than the previous version! The thickness is dramatically reduced to 8.8 mm from 13.4 mm.
• Lighter – the second generation iPad is lighter too, while managing to pack new hardware features –Apple did great job here. iPad 2 weighs 1.3 pounds, 0.2 pounds lighter than the previous version.
• Available Colors – iPad 2 is available in white or black.
• Battery Life – despite the reduced thickness and weight, same battery life is maintained i.e. 10 hours life of the battery.
• HDMI Video Output – iPad 2 can be connected to television and output is on 1080p. It supports rotation and no setup or configuration is required during the connection.
• Smart Covers – a new clever accessory of the iPad 2. This magnetic cover also cleans smudges on the devide's creen
. What makes this innovative, is that it can be folded turning it into stand for the iPad – reading and watching made easier! The smart cover is available on polyurethane or leather.
• Vast Apps – access to more than 65,000 apps particularly made for the iPad.
||1 GHz dual-core processor
||16GB / 32 GB / 64 GB
||(241.2) x (185.7) x (8.8) mm
||9.7” Capacitive Touchscreen1024 x 768 pixels resolution
||WiFi 802.11 b/g/nBluetooth3G (optional)
||Rear camera - HD (720p), up to 30 frames per second, 5x digital zoomFront Camera –VGA, up to 30 frames per second.
Prices didn't change. iPad 2 models are available on same price as the iPad 1.
|WiFi + 3G
The iPad 2 will be officially on United States stores this March 11. Verizon and AT&T plans will be available on the first day.
Meanwhile, it will be officially available on March 25 on the following countries:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Hungary, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and UK